The Marisa Tufaro Foundation commemorated what would have been Marisa’s 14th birthday on July 30, 2017 by unveiling its strategic plan and outlining its first wave of initiatives to help children in need throughout the greater Middlesex County area.
Our mission statement is broad-based by design. The foundation extends assistance to children and their families beyond those in medical crisis, although pediatric patients will forever remain a primary focus.. The foundation also makes community service an integral part of its mission.
Through the generosity of others, who have made private donations or participated in fundraising events over the past six months, our nonprofit corporation has a sound financial base to turn its vision into reality. The Marisa Tufaro Foundation is exempt from federal income tax and recognized as a public charity under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c )(3).
As the foundation grows in the ensuing year, so will its outreach. We ask that you please revisit this website with frequency to keep abreast of future endeavors.
We encourage you to read in detail about our first wave of initiatives – each of which in some way reflects Marisa’s inspirational life – by clicking on the links provided below:
- The foundation is committed to being a source of comfort to hospitalized children and their families
- The foundation will partner with Middlesex county schools, whose students will become “Marisa’s Missionaries,” to fulfill a specific “Marisa’s Mission” that is designed to help children in need
- The foundation partnered with Edison High School student-athletes and Chamberlain College of Nursing students to participate in the Race to Outrun Hunger
- The foundation provides scholarship opportunities
- The foundation partners with other organizations who share our mission to help children in need
- The foundation helps provide hippotherapy to children whose families do not have health insurance or whose family’s health insurer will not cover the cost of such physical therapy
- Old Bridge and South Brunswick high schools partnered with The Marisa Tufaro foundation for a toy drive benefiting pediatric patients
- The foundation is a resource for the Ronald McDonald House of Central Jersey
- The foundation is making itself available as a resource, through funding and/or providing volunteers, to help make the innovative ideas of those wanting to assist children in need come to fruition
The foundation is a fitting way to honor Marisa and keep alive her spirit. It allows her parents, Cyndi and Greg, to give back to the residents of a community that has forever provided them and Marisa with overwhelming love and support.
To those who have donated or are considering donating to the foundation, we can never find the perfect way to thank you for your kindness and generosity.
We can only believe the actions of our foundation will speak louder than words.